April 11, 2021
Embracing the Lord's Prayer Fulfillment of John 17
Sam McVay, Jr.
ABOUT this message //
Sam discusses three powerful dynamics within the Lord's Prayer as found in John chapter 17 and how as well as why it is a call for unity within the Body.
Download Notes PDF (When Available)
The Lord’s Prayer is actually in John 17.
I believe we need to dial into this prayer of Jesus’ in order to:
1) understand what the Spirit is doing in our generation as he answers this prayer and to
2) give ourselves to the further fulfillment of the prayer until the second coming.
John 17:20-23 (ESV)
20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,
23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.
There are three powerful dynamics in this prayer that I want to highlight:
1) Jesus prays three times for us that we would be ONE (unified).
2) Jesus describes what kind of oneness (unity) He is praying for - Trinitarian Level Unity.
3) Jesus reveals the “so-that” or reason for this prayer is so that the world would know Him (power in evangelism)
Sermon, Sam McVay, Jr., Unity